The Dover Clan

The Dover Clan

Hello To You

This is for all our family that we do not get to see as often as we would like! We hope this keeps you updated on all that is happening in our lives. We love you!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gone Shooting

Okay I will admit it, I enjoy shooting. I was VERY against our family purchasing a gun, for I think the same reason every mother is afraid. So when Cavan got his first gun, I knew deep down that a new love has entered his life, and I can either fight it, or accept it. I accepted it and like to turn it into a family event. As the guns slowly entered our family (and yes I mean that plural. Cavan just ordered another one that he is dying that it takes 60 days to get it) I still never showed interest in them. That was until I shot a shotgun. Now I am no pro, but when I shot my first clay pigeon ( and I have only ever gotten one), it felt awesome!!! I hate to admit it, but I love it. Now I want to keep practicing to get more! Especially when we go has a family it is fun. The gun is heavy and hurts when I shoot it, but we just purchased a cushion, spring type of device that takes some of the blow from your shoulder when you shoot. I look forward to using that next time!
 






1 comment:

nanadover said...

Ok. I haven't shot a gun in like forever! (at least since attending Boy Scout camp years ago)I guess I want to give it a shot...hahaha....pun intended.
Since we have guns in our house, I better learn to use them, huh?

Blog Archive

Followers