The Dover Clan

The Dover Clan

Hello To You

This is for all our family that we do not get to see as often as we would like! We hope this keeps you updated on all that is happening in our lives. We love you!

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Jax is 7 months old

Jax is 7 months old and his lower front tooth is coming in!. I have not noticed any grumpy behavior so I was so surprised to feel it coming through. He is such a happy boy. He loves to smile just like this at people. He will squint his eyes and lift his chin up when he smiles real big. He gets super distracted when nursing and would rather look at whats going on around him. He is sleeping good, and is now sticking to a 3 hour schedule. Today was funny because Linden kept blaming Jax for eating his cheese. He would come in asking for more cheese and I would tell him, this is your last one, but he would come back in and say Jax ate it. Nice try Linden! I see you eating the cheese!

COVID 19 update: We started virtual school yesterday. It has been very stressful trying to learn how to do this with what how each teacher wants to communicate with KaeLynn and Daniel, the difference of how to complete the work on the lap top vs. the iPad, how to keep track of how much time they spend on each subject (I thought the computer kept track for us. we learned the hard way it didn't), how to help them work through a problem when Linden and Jax are also needing me. At the end of the day I feel like my brain is going to explode. I found out that math comes really easy to Daniel. I was trying to help KaeLynn with a math word problem. Daniel was reading it over our shoulder and kept saying "I know how to solve this", and he wouldn't stop. I was getting so frustrated because in my head I am thinking that no way he can do 5th grade math. I couldn't focus on what the problem was asking and Linden kept screaming for something. Finally Daniel shouts "the answer is 35!" I thought yeah right. Turns out he was right. Then Daniel explained to me how he did it all in his head in like 5 seconds. I couldn't believe it! Later he had completed 7 minutes in his math and he had to do a total of 30 mins. I asked Daniel how much time he had left to do and he instantly knew with out counting that he had 23 minutes of math to complete. He is a smart boy! Tomorrow the school is adding on more curriculum, and they have pushed that distant learning until May 1st. This is the 3rd time the date has changed, so we will see if school really will be back in session on May 1st. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers