The Dover Clan

The Dover Clan

Hello To You

This is for all our family that we do not get to see as often as we would like! We hope this keeps you updated on all that is happening in our lives. We love you!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Gone Shootin

This weekend I actually shot a gun. I had fought with Cavan for years about him getting a gun, but I slowly became more open to it. The world today is becoming more dangerous, and I do believe that we have a right to protect our family if it came down to it. We also have a really cool safe that will only by Cavan's or my finger print. Cavan has been wanting me to take a class and learn how to shoot a gun for a while so this weekend I finally did. We actually went as a family. My first reaction was "No Way am I taking my daughter shooting!" But we were going with another family that has taken their kids before and assured me they would be fine. Once I got there I totally agreed! The shooting range is clearly marked. One side is where you shoot your guns and we were on the other side and set up a little "camp". We had a propane heater, chairs, and our camping burner and boiled some water for hot coco. The kids really enjoyed themselves and KaeLynn played in the truck the majority of the time. One couple would go shoot while the other couple stayed with the kids. It really wasn't bad and it was very exciting shooting the gun. It was very cold outside so we did not stay long. All I need to do now is sign up for my class so I can properly be trained.


2 comments:

nanadover said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you were able to stay warm too, with the heater and the fire pit. It was a day to have a heat source! KaeLynn's picture looks like she was having fun in her playhouse on wheels!

Diana said...

You are sooo brave. I still shiver at the thought of something like that in the home but you would think with all my break in and robbery bad dreams, I would be all over that. Anyway it looks like you all had an amazing Christmas and your baby girl makes me laugh out loud! She is so grown up and adorable.

Blog Archive

Followers